Brandon Collegiate Institute
Brandon Collegiate Institute was built in 1908 and was under watch by the city council. The council members stated, "No, we don't like the color of those bricks. Take 'em down!". They imported 65,000 red bricks from Wisconsin to please the city council. Brandon Collegiate Institute had vocational courses which became very prominent. They offered courses in radio, gas welding, sheet metal, and sewing. The school was expanded in 1963 and in 1974 it changed from a high school to kindergarten-grade 9. This facility is now called École New Era School.
527 Louise Avenue
A play ticket from Brandon Collegiate Institute
Girls Basketball team in 1924