FAQ for Employers
Here are 5 EASY STEPS to get involved:
- Ensure that your organization knows when Take Our Kids To Work Day is.
- Encourage all employees to bring their Grade 9 child to work or volunteer to host a child in need of a placement.
- Organize a host committee for your workplace to plan for a safe, interesting and educational day. This might include a tour of the facility, safety orientation, an opportunity to attend business meetings, luncheon arrangements etc. Young people have great ideas - here is a chance to get their input on a project.
- Visit www.takeourkidstowork.ca for additional information and ideas on planning, safety and more.
- Call BSD's Career Education Coordinator (204-729-3925), for more information. Workplace guides and posters are available upon request or can be accessed at www.takeourkidstowork.ca.
ALL STUDENTS ARE REGISTERED WITH MANITOBA EDUCATION AND PROVIDED WITH WORKERS COMPENSATION COVERAGE FOR THIS ONE DAY EVENT.
Visiting a workplace gives students a chance to:
- Share a day with a significant adult and develop a closer relationship.
See a parent in a different role.
- Understand what people do to earn a living and support a family.
- Help students understand essential skills that are necessary to be successful in work, learning and life.
- Learn more about their community and the career opportunities right here at home!
Last year, over 150 businesses and organizations hosted approximately 600 BSD Grade 9 students in 13 Manitoba communities for this one day event!