Information for Parents
As we prepare for the 2021-2022 school year, the priority of the Brandon School Division remains unchanged – the health, well-being and safety of our students, staff, and community, in doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Direction from Manitoba Education and our Chief Provincial Public Health Office Dr. Brent Roussin guides our planning and decisions.
Each school in Brandon School Division has its own plan for each level of the Pandemic Response System:
- BSD School Plans Caution Level (Yellow)
- BSD School Plans Restricted Level (Orange)
- BSD School Plans Critical Level (Red)
Brandon School Division is committed to following our mission of enabling each student to achieve maximum intellectual, emotional, social and physical growth. We all have a role to play in working together to keep our community safe, and in doing so we will be supporting our students' education.
Manitoba Education has compiled some very useful resources for parents which are available here: Province of Manitoba | Education (gov.mb.ca). We have also compiled additional information and resources available at the links below and on the left side of this page.
- Manitoba Education – Restoring Safe Schools COVID-19 Education Plan
- Guidance for Mask Use in Schools (Updated November 16, 2020)
- COVID-19 Screening Questions
- Parent/Guardian/Educator Frequently Asked Questions (January 12, 2021)
- Multilingual Supports for Parents and Students: Returning to School
Should you have any questions, we encourage you to contact your child's school directly or contact:
Manitoba Shared HealthLink: COVID-19 - Shared Health (sharedhealthmb.ca)
|Manitoba Health Links|
Link: Health Links – Info Santé - Misericordia Health Centre
Phone: 204-788-8200 // 1-888-315-9257