Vincent Massey has a rich support system for students. The Student Services office provides / facilitates many options for students seeking advice, information, guidance, and support. On this page you will find the following information:
- Counselling Services
- Resource Services
- Vincent Massey Social Worker
- Referrals to Specialized Support
- Accessibility at Massey
- Teen Clinic
- Stress & Wellness Resource
- Community Resources
Counsellors provide services for students, parents, and teachers. Students wishing to see a counsellor or resource teacher are encouraged to arrange appointments directly or to leave a message in the Student Services office. Appointments can be arranged during spares, over the lunch hour, or prior to or immediately after regular school hours.
If a student's needs are urgent, they can also request an appointment during class time.
Crystal Klassen (Grades 9-10) 204-729-3199 email@example.com
Erin Kowal (Grades 11-12) 204-729-3179 firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal: home, school, peer relationships, physical, mental, emotional social concerns.
Academic: planning high school programs, assisting with academic difficulties, study strategies.
Career/Post-Secondary: information and planning.
Academic Registration and Records: registration, course changes, transcripts, attendance tracking, demographics.
Referrals: referral to outside services for continued support of student's physical, mental and emotional health.
Our school has four resource teachers who work closely with the entire school staff in providing leadership and guidance in providing program supports for students. Their role is to serve both students and teachers by assisting in the identification and delivery of the most appropriate academic program for students.
Dean Scheepmaker (Grades 9-10) 204-729-3178 email@example.com
Ian Benson (Grades 11-12) 204-729-0327 firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Gurke (Tier 3) 204-729-0359 email@example.com
Rana Reid (EAL) 204-729-3961 firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Bradley (CIC) 204-729-0344 email@example.com
Jackie Gudnason (AP Coordinator) 204-729-3175 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerilynn Wood (IAA) 204-720-3198 email@example.com
Responsible for the development of a comprehensive delivery system to meet the needs of all the students in an environment that facilitates positive academic growth and social acceptance.
Consultation: discuss and share information regarding students with concerned professionals, parent/guardians, school staff.
Collaboration: team with other professionals to assist teachers with program adaptations and / or modifications as well as develop accommodation plans and individual education plans.
Direct Service: provide educational diagnosis and remedial strategies.
Coordinating Special Services (within the school)
- Assessment of students
- Communication with counsellors, teachers, administrators, and educational assistants
- Assist with planning, developing, monitoring, evaluating programs
- Meet with clinicians, make recommendations regarding student programming
Coordinating and Consulting (outside of the school)
- Child & Adolescent Treatment Centre (CATC)
- Probation Services
- Child & Family Services (CFS)
- Career & Employment Youth Services (CEYS)
- Career Connections
- Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council Family Services (DOTCFS)
- First Nations Education Authorities
- Brandon School Division Clinical Services
- Addictions Foundation of Manitoba (AFM)
- Volunteer Services
- Brandon Regional Health
Vincent Massey Social Worker & Referrals to Specialized Support:
Vincent Massey Social Worker: Jenna Packwood
Phone: 204-729-0376 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Psychologist: Barb Janzen
Phone: 204-729-0305 Email: email@example.com
Assessment and treatment of students with educational, emotional, and behavioral difficulties.
Addictions Foundation of Manitoba Counsellor: Emem Iniobong
Assessment and rehabilitation planning with students experiencing problems from their own use of drugs, alcohol, or gambling, or from someone else's use.
There are two universal washrooms available at Vincent Massey: by Room 10 and by the Career Centre (Room 47). These are single stall, locking washroom spaces available for everyone to use.
Prairie Mountain Health Teen Clinic:
What is the Teen Health Clinic?
- A safe, confident, non-judgmental place for youth to deal with all their health care needs.
- Walk-ins welcome, no appointment necessary
Who Works at the Teen Health Clinic?
- Public Health Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Community Mental Health Workers
- Addictions Foundation Workers
Why Should I Go to a Teen Health Clinic?
- Mental health screening and resource connection
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing
- Birth control counselling
- Prescription for birth control and STI treatment
- FREE condoms
- Education and advocacy for healthy lifestyle choices
- Nutritional counselling
- Addiction assessment and resource connection
Stress & Wellness Resources:
- Westman Crisis Services
- Mobile Crisis Unit – 204-725-4411 OR 1-888-379-7699
- Crisis Stabilization Unit – 204-727-2555
- Child & Adolescent Treatment Centre – 1-866-403-5459 OR 204-578-2700
- Manitoba Suicide Line – 1-877-435-7170
- Brandon City Police – 204-729-2345
- RCMP – 204-726-7500
- Child & Family Services Emergency – 204-726-6030
- Kids Help Phone – 1-800-668-6868 OR download their "ALWAYS THERE" app
- YWCA Women's Shelter for Abused Women – 204-727-3644 OR 1-877-977-0007
- Sexual Assault Line – 1-888-292-7565
- Manitoba Farm & Rural Stress Line – 1-866-367-3276
Health & Wellness
- Public Health Services – 204-578-2500
- John Howard Society – 204-727-1696
- Anger Management & Domestic Violence Programming
- Westman Mediation Services – 204-727-1696
- Restorative Justice
- Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
- Youth Addictions Intake – 1-877-710-3999
- Adult Addictions Intake – 1-855-662-6605
- Gambling Help Line – 1-800-463-1554
- AL-ANON – 204-571-3684
- Health Links/Info Santé – 1-888-315-9257
- Sexuality Education Resource Centre (SERC) – 204-727-0417
- Westwind Eating Disorder Recovery Centre – 204-728-2499
- AIDS/STD Line – 1-800-782-2437
- Anxiety Disorders Association – 204-725-8550
- Mood Disorders Association – 204-761-3176
- Suicide Bereavement Group – 204-571-4183
Mental Health & Addictions
Check out BRANDON YOUTH.ca for more resources: