The school has a strong commitment to working in partnership with families to ensure that each student is challenged academically within a safe, nurturing, and respectful school environment.
Over the past few years, Betty Gibson school has successfully created multi-age classrooms where students learn new skills, grow in self-esteem and leadership, and form new friendships within a community of learners.
- In a world of difference, learning is common ground.
- Learning is a lifelong process, enhanced by a safe environment where risk taking is encouraged.
- Learning is an active process, fueled by the learner's needs where that the learner is given responsibility and choice.
- Learning happens in different ways, at different rates and for different reasons.
- A reciprocal relationship exists between learning and self esteem.